Makeup Beauty and More..: Maybelline colorsensational pink alert lipstick in Pow4 body expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Maybelline colorsensational pink alert lipstick in Pow4

Review, Swatch and LOTD of Maybelline colorsensational pink alert lipstick in Pow4

Hello lovelies..Here I am with an another product review of a pink lipstick which is a gift from my friend on my birthday ☺ Pink is the all time favorite color of girls. When it comes about pink lipsticks, I feel these can be worn with almost any kind of dress, with any colored outfit or at any occasion, whether you use it in the day time or in the evening. Be it baby pink, the bright pink or the neon pink, “The Pink” will always be the evergreen. I love collecting more and more of pink lipsticks in my collection. When I heard about the Maybelline’s pink alert lipsticks, I was very tempted to try those eye catching lippies. The day before my birthday I went on a shopping with my friend. She asked me to buy a lipstick for herself and that should be of my choice. I suggested her to select this one in shade pow4. Right after coming out of the cosmetics counter, she handed me the lipstick and told me that this is my birthday gift. I was like woooohooo what an amazing pre-b’day treat it is. When it comes about gifts and surprises I’d been told my friends and near-dear ones for so long, that if you want to give me a gift or kind of surprise or anything, always go for any cosmetic, beauty product or a salon voucher. Hihihi :P Well, this pink lipstick is my current favourite lipstick and I always carry this in my bag. 






These lipsticks come in 4 shades-Pow1, Pow2, Pow3 and Pow4. All of them are bright neon pink shades which suits almost every skin tone. I got the one in the shade pow4. Pow4 suits best to the girls with warmer skin tones.

Price-Rs.425

Packaging- It comes in a transparent long pink cap and everything about the lipstick is written on the color coded sticker over it. The packaging is quite trendy and girlish. The cap also shuts tightly, hence apt for travelling.



Texture and pigmentation- The formula is creamy and soft. The lipstick is so moisturizing and glides on easily and smoothly on the lips. The color is very bright and neon pink along with a nice sheen to it. I generally prefer wearing it blotted down to a matte stain. The color is buildable, two to three swipes will give you that opaque color intensity. But don’t layer it out too much because it might highlight if you have dried or chapped lips. Better exfoliate your lips before applying it.

Staying power- It stays for good 4+ hours and after that it leaves behind a nice coral-ish stain which is not at all bothering. It easily survives light meals and drinks. I am satisfied with its staying power at the price it come out.
Overall I’m quite impressed with this lipstick. Be it for the pigmentation, texture or the staying power, it stayed up to its claims. That is the reason I always like Maybelline’s products because Maybelline always comes with all new superb and affordable knockouts.






Pros of Maybelline colorsensational pink alert lipstick in Pow4-
     
  •       Very creamy and smooth to apply, moisturising.
  •           Great color pay off.
  •            From a trusted brand.
  •            Long lasting.
  •           Very girly and trendy packaging.

Cons of Maybelline colorsensational pink alert lipstick in Pow4-
  •            If layered to much, it may highlight if you have chapped lips.
  •            None

Will I repurchase it?
Hell, Yeah! This is probably the best pink lipstick in my stash and I know that I’ll finish it off soon.

Will I recommend?
Of course yes! If you are in seek of a nice bright neon pink shade that too in affordable range, you go, and grab it before they hike the price :P because previously it came with a price of Rs.375 and now they hiked the price.

My Ratings- 4.9/5

Thank you all. Take care of yourself. ☺

Xoxo! ☺









9 comments:

  1. POW2 & POW4 is what I want to try,, nice review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #Natasha bhatt : give it a try, you will love it! Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous shade it looks so beautiful on your lips.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lenya :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. lovely shade of pink... nice detailed review...

    xo
    Hems
    http://agoldentulip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete